Sunrise, Sunset and Star filled Quarry at Night
“I will long remember the special experience I had at 3 AM seeing the stars reflected brightly in the water,as if shining up from the quarry floor. The shooting stars were beautiful.” ~ Debbie Chadwick
The Blackberry Cottage beckons you to nourish your soul here in the peace, solitude and beauty that abounds on 100 acres of water filled granite quarries and old growth forest at Light Heart Retreat. This is a wonderful abode for writers and creatives, as well as nature lovers. Those who find themselves deeply needing rest and restoration, clarity and inspiration will receive what they seek here and more.
Cheery, cozy, comfortable…that’s the Blackberry Cottage. The Blackberry heats with a glass fronted parlor stove, sufficient to the coldest days of the year and perfect for a chilly Maine morning. The full kitchen has a pine dining nook, island and pantry. The ample windows provide bird and animal sitings, including the hummingbirds that frequent the window boxes.
There’s a queen size bed in the east facing bedroom. The built-in couch in the living room serves as a second bed for a friend. One of our guests prefers it, as she can go to sleep by the light of the parlor stove.
The kitchen is well equipped for cooking, baking even, and there’s a roomy shower in the bathroom with plenty of hot water.
The Blackberry Cottage will keep you well contented if the weather keeps you indoors. But there’s more…a wood fired sauna on the large quarry, walking trails, swimming, canoeing and trout fishing (catch and release). Your fire circle is located on a natural granite patio overlooking the quarries.
And more still…a meditation hut sitting high on the cliff side of Bragdon Quarry and the Sacred Stone Circle, another fine place for meditating, sending out your prayers and intentions.
Light Heart retreat is sanctuary for the nature lover’s soul. The Blackberry will serve you very well. If you like more space and would enjoy the luxury of an outdoor hot tub, check out the Huckleberry Hideaway which accommodates one or two couples.
- Accommodates 2 adults and will consider a family with one child (may sleep on the built-in sofa) depending on the age, as this cottage sits very close to the water.
- 1 bedroom
- Open concept kitchen, dining, living room
- 1 full bath with shower
- Parlor stove with visible flame (propane)
- South attached patio and natural granite patio overlooking quarries
- Grill and patio furniture
- Location: Natural granite patio faces east onto a small, shallow quarry that is separated from the main quarry by the causeway, so view is out onto the main quarry. Sunsets from the backyard. Sunrise from east patio. Full length patio on south. About 25 yards from swimming area. Privately situated in regards to the Huckleberry Hideaway and owner’s home.
- Recommended for an individual or couple. Excellent for a single woman on retreat. The BBC is bright, cheery, cozy cute as a button.
Booking by the week July 2, 2018 to September 3, 2018 (perhaps longer, use contact form to make inquiry)
Arrivals/departures on Monday. Check in 5 PM. Check out 10 AM.
Cleaning fee of $100. 9% Maine State lodging tax brings the total fee to $1,253.50
Ready to book? You save when booking directly through Light Heart Retreat. Please contact Joanna at 1.207.669.4554 and/or use the contact form below.